The junior version of DELF is structured in the same way as the general DELF. Only the topics are different: the papers take into account the interests of the young. It is reserved for middel and high school pupils (of the age group 11 – 17 years) and gives right to the award of a diploma identical to the general one.
The DELF Junior comprises 4 independent diplomas corresponding to the first four levels of the CEFRL: from A1 to B2. Each candidate, according to his/her level, can register directly for the desired examination with no prerequisites.
For each level, the 4 skills are assessed: listening, speaking, reading and writing.Important Notice!
In the current situation of the health crisis, the Alliance Française de Madras has not obtained the authorization to conduct the examinations. Therefore we announce the cancellation of the DELF Juniors exam, which was scheduled for 19 – 22 of April 2021. Those who registered for the DELF Junior exam will be notified via email by the course dept, on the re-scheduled dates once the dates have been confirmed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for understanding.
Registration fees 2021
A1 & A2 AF Students INR 4,500 + 18% GST Non-AF Students INR 7,500 + 18% GST
B1 & B2 AF Students INR 5,000 + 18% GST Non-AF Students INR 9,500 + 18% GST
- Download the registration form DELF Juniors April 2021 session. Click here
- Read the “Rules and regulations governing DELF and DALF examinations” on pages 2 to 5 for the form.
- Print, fill in and sign both documents
- Bring both documents at Alliance Française of Madras’ reception, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment by cash, Credit card, bank transfer or local Bank Cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras.
Preparing the exam
- The Alliance Française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for DELF Junior exams. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover or/and get trained to the exam, you can download some exam samples
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from the reception of AF Madras:
Results for 2019 sessions :
Results for December 2018 sessions :
Results for July 2018 sessions :
Results for April 2018 sessions :
Results for December 2017 session :