The junior version of DELF is structured in the same way as the general DELF. Only the topics are different: the papers take into account the interests of the young. It is reserved for middle and high school pupils (of the age group 11 – 17 years) and gives right to the award of a diploma identical to the general one.
The DELF Junior comprises 4 independent diplomas corresponding to the first four levels of the CEFRL: from A1 to B2. Each candidate, according to his/her level, can register directly for the desired examination with no prerequisites.
For each level, the 4 skills are assessed: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
DELF PRIM: 7 to 11 years old
DELF JUNIOR: 11 to 17 years old
DELF TP: 17+ years old
- Download the registration form DELF Juniors December 2023 session. Click here
- Print, fill in and sign the application; first two pages of the document.
- Rules and regulations: Read this document containing the rules and regulations governing DELF and DALF examination carefully. By registering and applying to the DELF DALF exams you confirm that you have read these rules and regulations and confirm to abide by these.
- Visit the reception of Alliance Française of Madras with the filled in application form, 2 passport size photos(recent), one clear recent photo ID proof and your payment which can be accepted in cash, bank card, UPI or bank transfer.
- If you are unable to visit in person, you may courier the documents to The reception, Alliance Française of Madras, 24, College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600006.
You can make the payment through either of the following ways –
1. By Cash at the reception desk of the AFM
Timings : Mon – Sat between 8:30 am and 6:30 pm
2. By Bank Transfer :
ICICI BANK (for IMPS & NEFT transfers)
A/c Name : Alliance Francaise of Madras
A/c type : Savings
Bank Name: ICICI
Bank A/c Number : 000901108959
IFSC Code : ICIC0000009
Branch : Nungambakkam Branch
BNP PARIBAS (only NEFT transfers)
A/c. Name : Alliance Française of Madras
A/C type : Savings
A/C Number : 09088 060003 025 44
IFSC Code : BNPA0009088
Bank details : BNP PARIBAS
Branch : Chennai Branch
3. By UPI
For payment done through online transfer, please send the Bank Acknowledgement to our Accountant at [email protected]. You will receive an email confirmation only on receipt of the bank acknowledgement.
Preparing the exam
- General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover or/and get trained to the exam, you can download some exam samples
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from the reception of AF Madras:
Results for 2023 sessions:
July 2023 – DELF Juniors
April 2023 – DELF Juniors
Results for 2022 sessions:
December 2022 – DELF Juniors
July 2022 Delf Juniors
April 2022 Delf Juniors