The e-TEFAQ is a French language test approved by the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities in Québec for people aspiring to immigrate to Quebec only.
It assesses comprehension and expression skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of a candidate’s linguistic and communication skills. It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
You can apply from 1 to 4 sections:
- Written Comprehension (1 hour)*
- Listening Comprehension (40 mins)*
- Written Expression (1 hour)
- Oral Expression (15 mins per candidate)
* These sections are done online, using a computer. Hence knowledge of use of the mouse is imperative.
Attestation of results
The attestation of results of the e-TEFAQ (see sample):
- is usually delivered 4 to 5 weeks after the exam date.
- is not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success.
- shows the distribution of scores obtained in each of the sections, offers detailed comments on the skills and places your level on a scale from <A1** (Beginner) to C2** (Mastery).
- It is valid for 2 years.
** For further information about levels (A1, A2, B2, etc.), please check our General French Course structure.
e-TEFAQ – Fees***
Fees for the 2 compulsory sections of e-tefaq : 10,000 + GST
Fees for each additional section of e-tefaq : 3,000 + GST
*** These fees might be subject to change without prior notice.
For the complete schedule for 2020
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions above (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the registration form
- Print, fill in and sign the form (pls do not paste the photo on the form)
- If you can come to the Alliance Française of Madras, bring your form, along with 1 passport size photo, a self attested copy of your passport and your payment (by Cash, Credit Card or Local Bank Cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras)
- If you cannot come to the Alliance Française of Madras, send the hard copy of your form along with 1 passport size photo, a self attested copy of your passport to Alliance Française of Madras (24 College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600006) and your payment by Bank transfer :
A/C type: Savings
A/C Number: 09088 060003 025 044
IFSC Code: BNPA0009088
Code SWIFT: BNPAINBBCHE
Bank details: BNP PARIBAS – Prince Towers, 3rd Floor – 25/26, College Road – Chennai 600006
Bank Code: 034
Branch Code: 002
The Alliance Française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam
- The Alliance française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for e-TEFAQ. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover and get trained to the exam, you can use the free online resources offered by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris:
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers‘ showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam
The results of the e-TEFAQ will be announced about one week after the exam by e-mail. The official e-TEFAQ certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras about a month after the exam.
For further details
- 91 44 2827 9803 / 2827 1477 ; coursedirector[at]af-madras.org