The e-tefaq is a French language test approved by the Quebec Ministry for Immigration, Francisation and Integration (MIFI) for people aspiring to immigrate to Quebec only. It assesses comprehension and expression, written and oral skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of a candidate’s linguistic and communication skills. It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results. Applicants for immigration to Quebec can obtain up to 16 points by passing the 4 tests.
The TEF Québec (TEFAQ) examination consists of four tests:
○ Oral comprehension: 40 min – 60 questions
○ Oral expression: 15 min – 2 topics
○ Written comprehension: 60 min – 50 questions
○ Written expression: 60 min – 2 topics
* These sections are done online, using a computer. Hence knowledge of use of the mouse is imperative.
Points are granted from B2 level onward. In order to obtain the maximum number of points for your immigration application, you are advised to take the oral comprehension and expression tests (basic package), and in addition all of the written tests.
Attestation of results
The statements of results are in digital format. (Sample, Click here)
○ It shows the distribution of scores obtained in each of the sections, offers detailed comments on the skills and places your level on a scale from <A1** (Basic User) to C2** (Proficient User)
○ it gives with a performance description of each level.
○ its validity is for 2 years.
○ it will be ready within 4 to 6 weeks, and you will receive an email containing a link that will enable you to access your secure digital area to obtain your statement of results.
Please note that the attestation of results and mark sheet are not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success but as a statement of your level at a given time.
** For further information about levels (A1, A2, B2, etc.), please check our General French Course structure.
Basic package : 2 oral sections comprehension + expression : 11.100 + GST
Fees for each additional written section: 3,350 + GST
Optional hard copy of the certificate can be ordered at 5.000 + GST
*** These fees might be subject to change without prior notice.
e-tefaq schedule for 2023
Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions above (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the Registration form
- Print, fill in and sign the form (pls do not paste the photo on the form)
- If you can come to the Alliance Française of Madras, bring your form, along with 1 passport size photo, a self attested copy of your passport and your payment (by Cash, Credit Card or Local Bank Cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras)
- If you cannot come to the Alliance Française of Madras, send the hard copy of your form along with 1 passport size photo, a self attested copy of your passport to Alliance Française of Madras (24 College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600006) and your payment by Bank transfer:
A/c Name : Alliance Francaise of Madras
A/c type : Savings
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
A/c Number : 000901108959
IFSC Code : ICIC0000009
Branch : Nungambakkam Branch
A/c. Name : Alliance Française of Madras
A/C type : Savings
A/C Number : 09088 060003 025 44
IFSC Code : BNPA0009088
Bank details : BNP PARIBAS
Branch : Chennai Branch
The Alliance Française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket will be sent after the registrations are closed, by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing for the test
○ The Alliance Française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for e-tefaq, General French classes are strongly recommended.
○ To discover and get trained to the exam, you can use the free online resources offered by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris:
Online tutorials available at the link here
Online preparation proposed by AFMadras and CCI Paris in partnership with Prepmyfuture
General condition of TEF can be downloaded here
For further details