The e-TEF Canada – Test d’Evaluation de Français – is designed to assess the level of French language of people who are not native French speakers. It is useful if you need to evaluate your French skills for Canadian Immigration.
- It assesses comprehension and expression skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of candidate’s linguistic and communication skills.
- It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
The overall objective of the e-TEF Canada is to measure the level of the candidates’ knowledge, linguistic and communications skills in French.
The e-TEF Canada includes 4 sections:
- Written Comprehension (1 hour)*
- Listening Comprehension (40 mins)*
- Written Expression (1 hour)
- Oral Expression (15 mins per candidate)
* These sections are done on-line, using a computer. Hence knowledge of use of the mouse is imperative.
Attestation of results:
An attestation of the results, printed in France, will be given to all candidates about a month after the exam. This attestation is not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success. This document mentions the score obtained in each of the sections and places your level on a scale from 0 to 6. It is then left to the institution – Canadian authorities in case of an immigration project – to judge if your results are satisfactory or not.
e-TEF Canada fees*: Rs. 15,300/-
* These fees might be subject to change without prior notice.
Schedule for 2015
|Session||Exam date||Last date for registration|
|February||23 February||9 February|
|May||25 May||11 May|
|October||26 October||12 October|
To register :
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the Registration form
- Print, fill in and sign the form
- If you cannot come at Alliance française of Madras, send your form, along with 2 passport size photos to Alliance Française of Madras (24 College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600006) and your payment by Bank transfer:
A/C type: Savings
A/C Number: 09088 060003 025 044
IFSC Code: BNPA0009088
Code SWIFT: BNPAINBBCHE
Bank details: BNP PARIBAS – Prince Towers, 3rd Floor – 25/26, College Road – Chennai 600006
Bank Code: 034
Branch Code: 002
- If you can come at Alliance française of Madras, bring your form, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment by cash, Credit card or local Bank cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras.
The Alliance Française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam:
- The Alliance Française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for e-TEF Canada. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover and get trained to the exam, you can use the free online resources offered by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris:
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers‘ showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam:
The results of the e-TEF Canada will be announced about one to two weeks after the exam by e-mail. The official e-TEF Canada certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras about a month after the exam. In case you want to receive your certificate at home by DHL, you will be charged extra Rs. 500/-.