The TEF CANADA – Test d’Evaluation de Français - is designed to assess the level of French language of people who are not native French speakers. It is useful if you need to evaluate your French skills for Canadian Immigration.
- It assesses comprehension and expression skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of candidate’s linguistic and communication skills.
- It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
The overall objective of the TEF CANADA is to measure the level of the candidates’ knowledge, linguistic and communications skills in French.
The TEF CANADA includes 4 sections:
- Written Comprehension (1 hour)
- Listening Comprehension (about 40 mins)
- Written Expression (1 hour)
- Oral Expression (15 mins per candidate)
Attestation of results:
An attestation of the results, printed in France, will be given to all candidates about a month after the exam. This attestation is not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success. This document mentions the score obtained in each of the sections and places your level on a scale from 0 to 6. It is then left to the institution – Canadian authorities in case of a emigration project authorities to judge if your results are satisfactory or not.
TEF CANADA fees*: Rs. 16,800/-
* These fees might be subject to change without prior notice.
Schedule for 2014
|Session||Exam date||Last date for registration|
|April||28 April||15 April|
|September||1 September||18 August|
|November||14 November||10 November|
To register :
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the Registration form by clicking here
- Print, fill in and sign the form
- If you cannot come at Alliance française of Madras, send your form, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment to Alliance Française of Madras by Bank transfer:
A/C type: Savings
A/C Number: 09088 060003 025 044
IFSC Code: BNPA0009088
Code SWIFT: BNPAINBBCHE
Bank details: BNP PARIBAS – Prince Towers, 3rd Floor – 25/26, College Road – Chennai 600006
Bank Code: 034
Branch Code: 002
- If you can come at Alliance française of Madras, bring your form, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment by cash, Credit card or local Bank cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras.
The Alliance Française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam:
- The Alliance Française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for TEF CANADA. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover or/and get trained to the exam, you can download some exam samples from that webpage (only in French): http://www.francais.ccip.fr/tef-et-e-tef/
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers‘ showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam:
The results of the TEF CANADA will be announced about one to two weeks after the exam by e-mail. The official TEF CANADA certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras about a month after the exam. In case you want to receive your certificate at home by DHL, you will be charged extra Rs. 500/-.
For further details: 91 44 2827 9803 / 2827 1477 ; email@example.com