The French assessment Test adapted to Quebec – TEFAQ – is a test of the language level, based only on oral skills, recommended by the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities in Québec for immigration purposes.
The TEFaQ provides the candidate with a linguistic photograph of his French oral level by placing him/her on a 7 level scale. These levels are described in detail for each of the two skills (Listening comprehension / Oral expression).
The TEFaQ assesses your skills in Oral French. It consists of two interrelated sections:
- Listening comprehension (60 questions / 40 minutes). The listening comprehension exam is in the form of a multiple choice questions (MCQ) with 60 questions. The questions correspond to everyday life situations (conversations, announcements, excerpts from a radio program ...). The questions are graded from basic to advanced level. The questions in this test are presented in the form of written multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Click here to access the on-line tutorial for the listening comprehension.
- Spoken expression (20 minutes preparation + 15 minutes interview). The oral exam is in the form of a role- play that will emphasize the candidates’ knowledge and know-how of dealing with everyday situations. From a written document relating to daily life (announcements letters, advertisements ...), candidates must obtain data or information, present a document and convince the examiner. Click here to access the on-line tutorial for the oral expression. Proposed tasks:
- Section A: gather information, ask questions
- Section B: present a document, debate, convince, assess and compare
The attestation of results of the TEFaQ shows the distribution of scores of each exam and offers detailed comments on the skills for each candidate and provides a visual picture of the results.
No certification, degree or specific preparation course is required to take the TEFaQ exams. One can appear several times for this exam.
Warning: before registering, candidates are requested to read the warning notice.
TEFaQ fees (2014): Rs. 7 600/-
Schedule for 2014
Last date for registration
24 February 2014
|10 February 2014|
26 May 2014
|12 May 2014|
To register :
- Ensure that you have read the warning notice
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the Registration form by clicking here
- Print, fill in and sign the form
- If you cannot come at Alliance française of Madras, send a hard copy of your form, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment of Rs. 7 600/- to Alliance Française of Madras by Bank transfer:
A/C type: Savings
A/C Number: 09088 060003 025 044
IFSC Code: BNPA0009088
Code SWIFT: BNPAINBBCHE
Bank details: BNP PARIBAS - Prince Towers, 3rd Floor - 25/26, College Road - Chennai 600006
Bank Code: 034
Branch Code: 002
- If you can come at Alliance française of Madras, bring your form, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment of Rs. 7 600/- by cash, Credit card or local Bank cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras.
The Alliance française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam:
- The Alliance française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for TEFaQ. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover or/and get trained to the exam, you can visit the following Web pages (only in French): Listening part / Speaking part.
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers' showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam:
The results of the TEFaQ will be announced about one week after the exam by e-mail. The official TEFaQ certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras about a month after the exam. In case you want to receive your certificate at home by DHL, you will be charged extra Rs. 500/-.
For further details: 91 44 2827 9803 / 2827 1477 ; email@example.com