The e-TEF Canada – Test d’Evaluation de Français adapté au Canada – is a French language test approved by “Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)” for people aspiring to immigrate to Canada including Quebec.
It assesses comprehension and expression skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of candidate’s linguistic and communication skills. It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
The e-TEF Canada includes 4 compulsory sections:
- Written Comprehension (1 hour)*
- Listening Comprehension (40 mins)*
- Written Expression (1 hour)
- Oral Expression (15 mins)
* These sections are done online, using a computer. Hence knowledge of use of the mouse is imperative.
After the exam
The results of the e-TEF Canada will be announced in about 4 weeks(approx.) after the exam by e-mail.
Attestation of results
The official e-TEF Canada certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras.
The attestation of results of the e-TEF Canada:
- is usually delivered 4 to 5 weeks after the results.
- is not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success.
- shows the distribution of scores obtained in each of the sections, offers detailed comments on the skills and places your level on a scale from <A1** (Beginner) to C2** (Mastery). For more info, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- is valid for 2 years.
** For further information about levels (A1, A2, B2, etc.), please check our General French Course structure.
e-TEF Canada fees***:
*** Kindly note : If the candidates need the attestation to be couriered to his/her residence address, INR 500/- is applicable for the courier charges.
*** These fees might be subject to change without prior notice.
Schedule for 2019
All slots for the eTEF exam on the 19th November are filled. However 20th November is available. Seats are limited to 15 candidates only.
Last day for registrations is on 17/10/2019.
FYI: 15 candidates per exam session
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the Registration form
- Print, fill in and sign the form (pls do not paste the photo on the form)
- If you can come to the Alliance Française of Madras, bring your form along with 1 passport size photo, a self attested copy of your passport and your payment (by Cash, Credit Card or Local Bank Cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras)
- If you cannot come to the Alliance Française of Madras, send the hard copy of your form along with 1 passport size photo, a self attested copy of your passport to Alliance Française of Madras (24 College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600006) and your payment by Bank transfer :
A/c Name : Alliance Francaise of Madras
A/c type : Savings
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
A/c Number : 000901108959
IFSC Code : ICIC0000009
Branch : Nungambakkam Branch
A/c. Name : Alliance Française of Madras
A/C type : Savings
A/C Number : 09088 060003 025 44
IFSC Code : BNPA0009088
Bank details : BNP PARIBAS
Branch : Chennai Branch
For payment done through online transfer, please send the Bank Acknowledgement to our Accountant at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirmation only on receipt of the bank acknowledgement.
The Alliance Française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam
- The Alliance Française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for e-TEF Canada. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover and get trained to the exam, you can use the free online resources offered by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris:
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers‘ showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
For further details