The TEF - Test d’Evaluation de Français is designed to assess the level of French language of people who are not native French speakers. It is useful if you need to evaluate your French skills for Canadian Immigration, French Universities or for work.
- It assesses comprehension and expression skills in French.
- It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of candidate's linguistic and communication skills.
- It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
The overall objective of the TEF is to measure the level of the candidates' knowledge, linguistic and communications skills in French. The TEF includes:
- 3 Compulsory Sections - done on-line using a computer (2 hours 10 minutes)
- Written Comprehension (1 hour)
- Listening Comprehension (about 40 mins)
- Vocabulary and Structures (30 mins)
- 2 Optional Sections
- Written Expression (1hour)
- Oral Expression (35 mins per candidate)
Attestation of results:
An attestation of the results, printed in France, will be given to all candidates about a month after the exam. This attestation is not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success. This document mentions the score obtained in each of the sections and places your level on a scale from 0 to 6. It is then left to the institution - Canadian authorities in case of a emigration project authorities to judge if your results are satisfactory or not.
Warning: To obtain a satisfactory score in the TEF, we want to bring to the notice of the candidates that they MUST be able to carry on a basic discussion in FRENCH. If you have not practised your French for some time now, we strongly recommend that you take up a French course in a recognised institute where oral communication is given importance.
TEF fees (2014):
- Compulsory Sections: Rs. 10,200/-
- Optional Section "Written expression": Rs. 3,100/-
- Optional Section "Oral expression": Rs. 3,600/-
Schedule for 2014
Last date for registration
27 January 2014
16 January 2014
28 April 2014
15 April 2014
To register :
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the Registration form by clicking here
- Print, fill in and sign the form
- If you cannot come at Alliance française of Madras, send your form, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment to Alliance Française of Madras by Bank transfer:
A/C type: Savings
A/C Number: 09088 060003 025 044
IFSC Code: BNPA0009088
Code SWIFT: BNPAINBBCHE
Bank details: BNP PARIBAS - Prince Towers, 3rd Floor - 25/26, College Road - Chennai 600006
Bank Code: 034
Branch Code: 002
- If you can come at Alliance française of Madras, bring your form, along with 2 passport size photos and your payment by cash, Credit card or local Bank cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras.
The Alliance française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam:
- The Alliance française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for TEF. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover or/and get trained to the exam, you can download some exam samples from that webpage (only in French): http://www.francais.ccip.fr/tef-et-e-tef/
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers' showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam:
The results of the TEF will be announced about one week after the exam by e-mail. The official TEF certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras about a month after the exam. In case you want to receive your certificate at home by DHL, you will be charged extra Rs. 500/-.
For further details: 91 44 2827 9803 / 2827 1477 ; email@example.com