The Alliance Française of Madras is situated in the heart of Chennai in Nungambakkam.
- The Alliance Française of Madras is situated in the heart of Chennai in Nungambakkam.
- The building is constructed on a site of more than 8000 m² that includes a garden with many trees, parking spaces and residential outhouses. The building occupies 1700 m² with 3 floors.
- The ten classrooms are fitted with multimedia equipment: Interactive whiteboard, computers connected to the Internet.
- The Reception is on the ground floor.
- The adjoining exhibition gallery is used to showcase the works of many artists, particularly photographers.
The Library/Multimedia centre, situated at the entrance of the Alliance française was repainted and modernized in 2008. Covering an area of 130 m², it is open for consultation of books, magazines, audio, audio-visual and multimedia documents.
A Children’s corner has been specially equipped to receive the city’s school children who thus discover the French language and culture.
The Edouard Michelin Auditorium can seat 200 persons and is used for film projections, plays, lectures and discussions.
The Cafeteria on the first floor is open to students and others who frequent the Alliance.
There are Branches of the Alliance Française of Madras in Tamil Nadu, in the cities of Coimbatore and Trichy.
The Trichy branch is in the premises of Saint John’s Vestry Anglo-Indian Secondary School.