UTSHA FOUNDATION FOR CONTEMPORARY ART INVITESPROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS TO APPLY FOR
‘THE METIS INITIATIVEON PLASTICS AND THE INDO – PACIFIC OCEAN 2021’
The proposal should clearly address the following points:
– Approach proposed by the artist to create and express theirpersonal views in
response to plastic pollution in coastalecosystems and urban water bodies
– Proposed engagement with the Bhubaneswar city and the SmartCity programme as part of the artistic response
– Proposed engagement with the youth of Bhubaneswar and otherareas especially in
terms of awareness of the plastic pollution crisisin the water bodies
– Budget and timelines
– Individuals or groups may apply.
– The applicant/s needs to be 18 years or older.
– The applicant/s should be an Indian citizen/s, currently residing inIndia.
Proposal Guidelines & Requirements
– A 1000-word project proposal covering all the above points
– A detailed budget of the project.
– Timelines of the project
– Resume | Current resume of applicant/s.
– Resume should clearly specify artist name, address, contact details
– A maximum of 20 images of recent work can be included as a document.Please do not send images as separate files or attachments.
– For video-based work, no more than 10 minutes of video file(s) are allowed.
– All video file(s) should be compatible for playback on VLC Media Player
– If applying as a collective, please provide resumes of all collective members
All materials should be submitted via Google Drive to [email protected] with subject heading ‘Applicationfor METIS initiative + artist/s name’
-Please do not print or courier any material for submission.
Deadline for Proposal Submission: 25th August, 2021
TERMS & CONDITIONS
– The selected artist will receive an amount of Rs. 2,00,000 to complete this project by November 30, 2021.
– Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please ensure all the required documents are sent before the deadline.
– Shortlisted applicants may be asked to submit further details on their project anytime during the selection process.
– The project should be feasible in terms of costs and scale, and should meet the dates set in the timeline.
– Utsha has the right to disqualify any proposal that it deems as offensive to cultural, social or religious sentiments, as well as projects that fall short of public safety requirements. The decision to support a proposal is at the discretion of Utsha and AFD
– The artist/s will need to complete a mandatory one-month residency at Utsha Foundation for Contemporary Art as part of this project
– The proposal review process will have 2 rounds of screening. In the second round of screening the applicants will be evaluated by a personal interview with a jury for final selection.
– After selection a detailed MoU will be signed with the artist/s which will outline roles and responsibilities and expected timelines.
– Utsha will facilitate the execution of the selected artist proposal with necessary on ground support as per a mutually agreed facilitation plan with the artist/s.
– The artist will participate in exchanges of ideas with artist counterparts in Indonesia and Mauritius who are part of the METIS initiative as part of the programme. This will be facilitated by Utsha in partnership with the AFD team.
For any queries please email at [email protected] with subject in the mail ‘Query on THE METIS INITIATIVE ON PLASTICSAND THE INDO – PACIFIC OCEAN 2021’
About the French Development Agency (AFD)
AFD has been supporting sustainable development in countries for 80years through financing operations that affect all sectors underlyingthe development of societies (combating climate change andpreserving biodiversity, social links, urban and rural investments,access to energy, sanitation, education, health, food, sustainableecosystem management, etc.).
For any details visit us at: https://www.afd.fr/en/page-region-pays/india
Utsha is a charitable trust and an artist led initiative based in Bhubaneswar that was setup by renowned Odia artist Jagannath Panda in 2012 to provide an alternative space for artists to create and experiment in Odisha. The word ‘Utsha’ in Odia implies the penultimate source of creativity, imagination and action. Utsha has been involved in numerous projects since its inception and has a vision of making ‘Odisha an acknowledged centre of excellence and innovation incontemporary art.’
For any details visit us at: www.utsha.org