The French assessment Test adapted to Quebec – TEFAQ – is a test of the language level recommended by the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities in Québec for immigration purposes.
The TEFAQ provides the candidate with a linguistic photograph of his French oral level by placing him/her on a 7 level scale. These levels are described in detail for each of the two skills (Listening comprehension / Oral expression).
You can apply from 1 to 4 sections:
- Written Comprehension (1 hour)*
- Listening Comprehension (40 mins)*
- Written Expression (1 hour)
- Oral Expression (15 mins per candidate)
* These sections are done on-line, using a computer. Hence knowledge of use of the mouse is imperative.
Attestation of results:
The attestation of results of the TEFAQ shows the distribution of scores of each exam and offers detailed comments on the skills for each candidate and provides a visual picture of the results.
This attestation is not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success. This document mentions the score obtained in each of the sections and places your level on a scale from 0 to 6. It is then left to the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities in Québec to judge if your results are satisfactory or not.
No certification, degree or specific preparation course is required to take the TEFAQ exams. One can appear several times for this exam.
Warning: before registering, candidates are requested to read the warning notice.
TEFAQ – Fees*:
- 1 section: Rs. 7,400/-
- 2 sections: Rs. 9,400/-
- 3 sections : Rs. 11,300/-
- 4 sections : Rs. 13,200/-
* These fees might be subject to change without prior notice.
Schedule for 2014
|Sessions||Exam date||Last date for registration|
|May||26 May||12 May|
|October||27 October||13 October|
- Ensure that you have read the warning notice
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the Registration form by clicking here
- Print, fill in and sign the form
- If you cannot come at Alliance Française of Madras, send a hard copy of your form, along with 2 passport size photos, a copy of an ID proof with photograph and signature, and your payment to Alliance Française of Madras (24 College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600006) by Bank transfer:
A/C type: Savings
A/C Number: 09088 060003 025 044
IFSC Code: BNPA0009088
Code SWIFT: BNPAINBBCHE
Bank details: BNP PARIBAS – Prince Towers, 3rd Floor – 25/26, College Road – Chennai 600006
Bank Code: 034
Branch Code: 002
- If you can come at Alliance Française of Madras, bring your form, along with 2 passport size photos, a copy of an ID proof with photograph and signature, and your payment by cash, Credit card or local Bank cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras.
The Alliance française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam:
- The Alliance française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for TEFAQ. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover or/and get trained to the exam, you can visit the following Web pages (only in French): Listening part / Speaking part.
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers‘ showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam:
The results of the TEFAQ will be announced about one week after the exam by e-mail. The official TEFAQ certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras about a month after the exam. In case you want to receive your certificate at home by DHL, you will be charged extra Rs. 500/-.
For further details: 91 44 2827 9803 / 2827 1477 ; coursedirector[at]af-madras.org