The e-TEFAQ is a French language test approved by the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities in Québec for people aspiring to immigrate to Quebec only.
It assesses comprehension and expression skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of a candidate’s linguistic and communication skills. It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
You can apply from 1 to 4 sections:
- Written Comprehension (1 hour)*
- Listening Comprehension (40 mins)*
- Written Expression (1 hour)
- Oral Expression (15 mins per candidate)
* These sections are done online, using a computer. Hence knowledge of use of the mouse is imperative.
Attestation of results
The attestation of results of the e-TEFAQ (see sample):
- is usually delivered 4 to 5 weeks after the exam date.
- is not a diploma and cannot be considered as a proof of success.
- shows the distribution of scores obtained in each of the sections, offers detailed comments on the skills and places your level on a scale from <A1** (Beginner) to C2** (Mastery).
- Please note that any result below the level B2** will not be taken into consideration by Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities in Québec for immigration applications.
- It is valid for 2 years.
** For further information about levels (A1, A2, B2, etc.), please check our General French Course structure.
e-TEFAQ – Fees***
- 1 section: Rs. 5,000/-
- 2 sections: Rs. 8,000/-
- 3 sections : Rs. 11,000/-
- 4 sections : Rs. 14,000/-
*** These fees might be subject to change without prior notice.
Schedule for 2015
|Sessions||Exam date||Last date for registration|
|January||19 January||5 January|
|April||27 April||15 April|
|August||31 August||17 August|
|November||23 November||11 November|
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions above (take care to register before the deadline)
- Download the registration form
- Print, fill in and sign the form
- If you can come at Alliance Française of Madras, bring your form, along with 2 passport size photos, a copy of an ID proof with photograph and signature, and your payment by cash, Credit card or local Bank cheque payable to Alliance Française of Madras.
- If you cannot come at Alliance Française of Madras, send a hard copy of your form and your payment to Alliance Française of Madras (24 College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600006) by Bank transfer:
A/C type: Savings
A/C Number: 09088 060003 025 044
IFSC Code: BNPA0009088
Code SWIFT: BNPAINBBCHE
Bank details: BNP PARIBAS – Prince Towers, 3rd Floor – 25/26, College Road – Chennai 600006
Bank Code: 034
Branch Code: 002
The Alliance Française of Madras will send you a confirmation of registration and a hall ticket by e-mail. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam
- The Alliance française of Madras does not organize any specific preparation courses for e-TEFAQ. General French classes are strongly recommended.
- To discover and get trained to the exam, you can use the free online resources offered by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris:
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal Saab or Langers‘ showrooms:
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam
The results of the e-TEFAQ will be announced about one week after the exam by e-mail. The official e-TEFAQ certificates can be collected at the Alliance Française of Madras about a month after the exam. In case you want to receive your certificate at home by DHL, you will be charged extra Rs. 500/-.
For further details
- 91 44 2827 9803 / 2827 1477 ; coursedirector[at]af-madras.org