French language teacher
In order to meet a varying demand, the Alliance Française of Madras regularly recruits and trains teachers of French as a foreign language.
Required Candidate Profile
– Minimum B2 level
– Teaching experience is desirable but not mandatory (training will be provided)
– Strong motivation to teach
– Passion for French language and culture
– Availability (Especially for weekend and evening (6-8pm) classes)
– Flexibility (the courses can take place either at the Alliance Française or at an external venue)
Place of Work
– Courses at Alliance Française of Madras (Nungambakkam)
– Courses at the Adyar Annexe of AFM (Sishya School)
– Corporate Classes (Chennai and environs)
NB: If you are based out of Coimbatore, Trichy or Madurai, you can also apply to teach at the Alliance Francaise branches in these cities.
Types of Courses
– General French for older teenagers and adults (16+ years)
– Professional French
– Specialised French for various fields
– French for teenagers (11-15 years)
Status: Service Providers (Remuneration based on the actual number of hours worked without a minimum guarantee for number of hours).
Visa: If you are not a national of India, you must hold a valid visa to work in India in order to apply. (For more information: http://www.vfs-in-fr.com/)
– Please send us your CV along with a covering letter to the address: coursedirector[at]af-madras.org, with the subject “Candidature Enseignant FLE”
– If your profile is shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview.
– Depending on your profile, you may or may not have to undergo a theory and practical training session of 120 hours for preparation as a teacher for French as a foreign language. There is a fee for this training. (As a rough guide, the training fee was INR 15,000 in 2012 but is subject to changes).
Share article on